Briefly The Automotive and Spare parts Sector in Senegal:
- The automotive market value in Senegal is USD 100 million. Import of used cars is growing by 8% annually.
- The Senegal automotive market is slowly shifting towards a service oriented model with new players focusing extensively on customer experience and consumer data. Transitions in automotive markets are providing opportunities for some parts while other components face stiff decline over the forecasts.
- Senegal is going to be West Africa’s next automotive hub.
- The spare parts market is seen as a vital business, with individual states supporting the development of specific sites for spare parts traders and automotive/motor mechanic business.
- The sector is being boosted by new technology, creating a growing online marketplace. With national policy encouraging greater car assembly within Senegal, all these factors demonstrate that the vehicle parts business in Senegal is going to keep on growing.